The Pale King - IX

Part 1


Who are these people?
                Inconsequential beings. Nothing more than vessels.
                Who are you?
                I have told you. The entity that which you sough power from.
                I can barely remember that now. What I was doing, what I had hoped for. It’s as if all my wishes were erased, all my memoires contained in a glass jar. I feel them off in the void, but they are just out of reach.
                This happens from time to time with the introduction of something like me.
                What do you hope to gain?
                Me?
                Yes. I assume you gain something from this partnership.
                Partnership? Don’t make me laugh.
                What is this then?
                 A pact. Part of your soul, for part of my power.
                I see. What can I do with this partial power?
                Many wonderous or terrible things.
                Will I regain control of my body?
                Perhaps. Like I’ve stated before it is up to you to harness the power and walk again.
                I’ve done what you’ve asked. I’ve influenced those around me. What more needs be done?
                I need you to concentrate. Break open the glass jar and remember what you wanted my powers for. Remember why you called out to me. Remember!
                I don’t think I can. Wait…I think I can see a light. Why is it red?




Next →

Comments